Embark on an exciting horse riding adventure that promises not only thrilling treks through the stunning and incredibly diverse landscapes of the Alpujarras mountains but also a range of easy hacks to challenging trail rides in the spectacular Southern Spain region. Situated at an elevation of 1,200 meters above the charming town of Lanjarón, the stables offer a vantage point for breathtaking views of the Andalusian countryside and, on exceptionally clear days, the distant coastline of Africa. You'll follow ancient Moorish mule paths and traverse valleys where traditional farming methods, utilizing horses, mules, or oxen to plough fields, endure to this day. Beyond being a mere horse riding holiday, this experience is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the extraordinary Andalusian scenery and witness a culture where time-honored traditions seamlessly integrate into everyday life.
- Local prices – no extra feesBook tours directly from local operators
- Verified tour operatorsAll guides confirm their qualifications
- Reviews from travelersWe monitor the feedback from our travelers after each tour
You will transfer from Malaga or Granada airport (cost not included) to the tiny spa town of Lanjaron, "the gateway" to Alpujarras.
Your accommodation for the night will be at the Alpujarra Guesthouse high in the mountains and close to the Ranch. These small mountain cottages have a swimming pool for use during the summer months.
Dinner prepared by your host and cook, Emily, at the simple and beautiful local guesthouse.
This horse riding holiday is suitable for all levels; from complete beginners to advanced riders. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult, and must be supervised on a ratio of one adult to three children. Children may join family treks or rides with other children of similar ages from the age of five. The centre matches groups with ability levels and riders can expect to ride with other riders of the same level (unless specified).
You will be accommodated at a local hotel in the spa town of Lanjarón.
Just 45 minutes’ drive from Granada.
The hotel accommodation has a swimming pool and Wi-Fi.
You will also stay in mountain cottages while on trek, which also have pools and Wi-Fi.
Group meeting placeComunidad Autónoma de Andalucía, Granada, Lanjaron
- 5 days' horse riding;
- assistance of at least one horse riding instructor;
- all horse riding equipment;
- breakfasts, lunches, and dinners;
- 6 nights` accommodation.
- single room supplement;
- additional meals;
- personal expencies.
Group sizeup to 15 tourists
It's important to know
The centre has 20+ well-trained and schooled horses varying in ages to suit the beginner and advanced rider. The horses range in height from the smallest horse at 12 hands to horses up to 17 hands and they are mainly Andalusians, PREs, Andalusian crosses with Arabs, and also Cobs and ponies. All horses are fully trained to be ridden either Western style or traditional style.
Please note that although the riding school has a wide range of horses to choose to ride, the horses on the working holiday, unfortunately, cannot take riders over 15 stones (95 kilograms). Moreover, the type of tack that is used is mainly English tack, although Caballo Blanco Horse Riding & Trekking Centre does have some Western saddles.
- A AKoç18 Dec, 2023about providerThe horses were very well trained and calm. My guide Judith guided me perfectly during the whole trip. All the places I stayed and the people there made me feel at home and the food was excellent. At first I was a bit scared to go on a riding vacation alone in another country. But I had a very nice, relaxing and adventurous vacation. Jane, Steve and Emily, who made my transfers to my accommodation, are very kind and helpful people. Sharon and Bongo are equally excellent. Thank you for all this wonderful organization : )18 Dec, 2023
- C Camilla20 Nov, 2023about providerI have just returned from a wonderful vacation with my two daughters organized by Sarah and her team. Everything was very well organised after and we were looked after from the moment we arrived. Many thanks to Judith, Lulu, Ralph, Lally, but most importantly our fabulous ponies, Blossom, Melody and Molly. This is a very special place and we can't wait to return!20 Nov, 2023
- A Anonymous27 Apr, 2023about providerI highly recommend this piece of paradise for off the beaten path riding in the mountains. We had a fantastic time on beautiful well cared for horses. Our guide Flynn was extremely knowledgeable and great company. Our accommodations arranged by Sarah were comfortable and peaceful. Thanks to Emily for sharing her mountain hideaway. I am looking forward to returning for a third time soon!27 Apr, 2023
Dates and Prices
- Any dates on request during the season1 Jan – 31 Dec
- from US$ 1 43311 – 15 Mar 5 days 4 nights
- from US$ 1 43317 – 21 Apr 5 days 4 nights