On this tour, our guests can experience the best day-stages from our different shorter and longer tours in the South of Iceland. We visit the Valley of the Horses – Maradalur, The Golden Highlights of the South. as well as experience Reykjadalur Valley. Furthermore, we also enjoy the Beach Ride. Finally, we visit the national park Thingvellir, one of two places in Iceland on UNESCO´s World Heritage List.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
Tour members who arrive the same day to Iceland should take the Flybus from the airport to the final bus station BSÍ in Reykjavík. We will greet you at BSI or at your hotel/ guesthouse in Reykjavik between 17:30- 18:00 and drive you to our farm. There you will be lodged in our new Guesthouse or Hotel as you choose.
We will get to know each other during dinner at our Hotel. The day will end with a detailed description of the tour (might be next morning).
This tour is for everyone, but require very good physical condition as we cover 20-25 km per day and ride a lot of tölt (about trot speed). Participants must be able to mount a horse with little assistance.
Our Hotel is a cosy countryside hotel with a luxurious atmosphere. The hotel’s interior is inspired by the colours and materials found in Icelandic nature, genuine craftsmanship and age-old traditions. It was built in accordance with ecological guidelines and is the first lodging in Iceland to be awarded the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
Accommodation at Our Hotel in a shared double room with full board (breakfast buffet, lunchbox: sandwich & cookies, coffee/tea & home-baked cake, 3-course dinner). Dinner on the last evening is not included.
All rooms are outfitted with the luxurious Hästens beds, unrivaled sleep comfort handcrafted from sustainable, natural materials, such as genuine hypoallergenic horsehair, cotton, wool, flax and Swedish pinewood. Each room has a door to the garden, allowing you to step outside and observe the northern lights, weather and season permitting. Each room has washbasins and soap. Bed linens, towels, Wi-Fi and parking are included free of charge.
Group meeting placeCapital Region, sveitarfélög Reykjavíkurborg, Reykjavík Airport
- English speaking guide;
- riding and safety equipment;
- transfer from/to Reykjavik;
- accommodation at our guesthouse\farmhouse;
- full board.
- transfer from Keflavík to Reykjavik;
- personal expenses;
- dinner on the last evening;
- single supplement.
Group sizeup to 12 tourists
It's important to know
Good shoes, comfortable pants (riding pants not necessary), gloves and a buff is recommended and if you want to bring a camera, please bring a small waist bag as backpacks cannot be taken on horseback.
Dates and Prices
- US$ 2 22026 – 30 May, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 2204 – 8 Jun, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 22015 – 19 Jun, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 22025 – 29 Jun, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 22010 – 14 Jul, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 22020 – 24 Jul, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 22022 – 26 Aug, 2024 5 days 4 nights
- US$ 2 22010 – 14 Sep, 2024 5 days 4 nights