This package includes various horseback tours, visits to thermal pools and sightseeing of popular natural attractions in the southern region of Iceland. Following the morning ride, guests can enjoy a warm lunch of soup and coffee at the comfortable hotel before continuing with more horseback riding, swimming in the excellent thermal pool in Hveragerði or sightseeing. On the final day, there will be a trip to Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir hot springs and Thingvellir national park. If the sky is clear and the Aurora Borealis is expected, guests can easily step outside to witness the stunning phenomenon.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
The tour begins in the evening. Guests who arrive in Iceland on the same day take the aiport shuttle “Flybus” (Reykjavik Excursions) from the airport to Reykjavík (BSÍ bus terminal). We will pick you up at BSÍ or at your hotel / guesthouse between 17.30 and 18.00 and drive to our farm near to the village of Hveragerði (ca. 40 minutes driving), where you will be staying at our Hotel. An information letter with a detailed description of the following days will be offered upon arrival. The day ends with dinner at the Hotel.
The tour is for everyone, but require very good physical condition as we cover 20-25 km per day and ride a lot of tölt (about trot speed). Participants must be able to mount a horse with little assistance.
Our 3* hotel or a nearby hotel in double rooms with private facilities. All rooms are outfitted with the luxurious Hästens beds, unrivaled sleep comfort handcrafted from sustainable, natural materials, such as genuine hypoallergenic horsehair, cotton, wool, flax and Swedish pinewood. Each room has a door to the garden, allowing you to step outside and observe the northern lights, weather and season permitting. Each room has washbasins and soap. Bed linens, towels, Wi-Fi and parking are included free of charge.
Group meeting placeCapital Region, sveitarfélög Reykjavíkurborg, Reykjavík Airport
- English speaking guide;
- riding and safety equipment;
- 2.5 on horseback;
- half day sightseeing tour “Golden Circle”;
- transfer from/to Reykjavik;
- accommodation at out hotel or a nearby hotel in double rooms with private facilities;
- 11% VAT;
- all meals (breakfast, light lunch, coffee & cake, 3-course dinner).
- transfer from Keflavík to Reykjavik;
- dinner on the last evening;
- personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 16 tourists
It's important to know
- good shoes;
- comfortable pants (riding pants not necessary);
- a small waist bag for a camera;
Dates and Prices
- US$ 1 21029 Jan – 1 Feb, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 21012 – 15 Feb, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 21026 – 29 Feb, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 2104 – 7 Mar, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 21018 – 21 Mar, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 21025 – 28 Mar, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 2108 – 11 Apr, 2024 4 days 3 nights