During this excursion, we merge horseback riding with sightseeing some of the most well-known attractions in South Iceland, as well as participating in activities like trekking, soaking and observing whales. We partake in six half-day riding trips, unwind in the hotel's hot tubs or a nearby heated river and explore the stunning Gullfoss waterfall, Geysir's thermal springs and Thingvellir National Park. If the weather is favorable and the Aurora Borealis prediction is favorable, you can simply step outside to witness this breathtaking occurrence.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
After arriving at Keflavík Airport, participants take the “Flybus” (operated by Reykjavik Excursions) to BSÍ bus station in Reykjavik. There you will be greeted around 17:30–18:00 by our representative, who will drive you to our farm, close to the village Hveragerði. The day ends with dinner at the Hotel.
Riding distance: around 50 km (2-5 hours per day). The tour is for everyone, but requires very good physical condition ride a lot of tölt (about trot speed). Participants must be able to mount a horse with little assistance.
Our 3* hotel or a nearby hotel in double rooms with private facilities. All rooms are outfitted with the luxurious Hästens beds, unrivaled sleep comfort handcrafted from sustainable, natural materials, such as genuine hypoallergenic horsehair, cotton, wool, flax and Swedish pinewood. Each room has a door to the garden, allowing you to step outside and observe the northern lights, weather and season permitting. Each room has washbasins and soap. Bed linens, towels, Wi-Fi and parking are included free of charge.
Group meeting placeCapital Region, sveitarfélög Reykjavíkurborg, Reykjavík Airport
- English speaking guide;
- riding and safety equipment;
- 5 days on horseback;
- half day sightseeing tour “Golden Circle”;
- half day whale watching tour;
- transfer from/to Reykjavik;
- accommodation at out hotel or a nearby hotel in double rooms with private facilities;
- 11% VAT;
- all meals (breakfast, light lunch, coffee & cake, 3-course dinner).
- transfer from Keflavík to Reykjavik;
- dinner on the last evening;
- personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 6 tourists
It's important to know
- good shoes;
- comfortable pants (riding pants not necessary);
- a small waist bag for a camera;
Dates and Prices
- US$ 1 67029 Jan – 3 Feb, 2024 6 days 5 nights
- US$ 1 67012 – 17 Feb, 2024 6 days 5 nights
- US$ 1 67026 Feb – 2 Mar, 2024 6 days 5 nights
- US$ 1 6704 – 9 Mar, 2024 6 days 5 nights
- US$ 1 67018 – 23 Mar, 2024 6 days 5 nights
- US$ 1 67025 – 30 Mar, 2024 6 days 5 nights
- US$ 1 6708 – 13 Apr, 2024 6 days 5 nights