The Tour starts at Fellsmuli farm, situated below Mt. Hekla. The journey takes us to Landmannalaugar, a valley in the Icelandic highlands renowned for its striking rhyolite mountains, vast lava fields and a natural hot spring that lends its name to the valley. We will traverse through the highlands alongside Hekla until we arrive at Landmannahellir, where Icelandic farmers sheltered their sheep in a cave during round-up before constructing a better shed for them. The following day, we proceed with the tour in Landmannalaugar, and the highlight is bathing in the warm river. We then head southwest near Lake Sauðleysuvatn and cross Lambaskarð mountain passage before arriving at Hólaskógur mountain hut, where we spend the night. Finally, the tour concludes back at Fellsmúli farm.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
The tour starts in the evening. Tour members who arrive the same day to Iceland should take the Flybus from the airport to the ending bus station BSÍ in Reykjavík. We will greet you at the bus station or at your hotel/guesthouse in Reykjavik between 17:30- 18:00 and drive you to our farm near Hveragerði. There you will be lodged at our Guesthouse. We will get to know each other during dinner at our Hotel. The day will end with a detailed description of the tour (might be the next morning).
The Tour is for experienced riders only (several years of riding regularly in all kind of terrain). A large herd of free-running horses follows every day.
Riding distance: Around 210 km, 20-40 km (4-8 hours) per day.
The Guesthouse has a capacity of 19 beds, with twin, triple and quad rooms available. It is strategically located on the property to offer convenience and excellent service to cater to your requirements. The guesthouse is warm and welcoming, with a dining area and communal bathrooms.
Although cooking facilities are not provided, the Guesthouse provides a cozy living area, communal bathrooms, a tea kettle that can be used for instant coffee and a small refrigerator. Guests are free to use all amenities and services of the Hotel, such as the restaurant and hot tub.
2-4 beds per shared room with shared facilities.
Group meeting placeCapital Region, sveitarfélög Reykjavíkurborg, Reykjavík Airport
- English speaking guide;
- riding and safety equipment;
- transfer from/to Reykjavik;
- 1 night in Guesthouse (2-4 beds per shared room with shared facilities), 5 nights sleeping bag accommodation in farms and simple mountain huts (bunk beds in shared rooms);
- 11% VAT;
- full board (traditional Icelandic home cooking).
- transfer from Keflavík to Reykjavik;
- personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 6 tourists
It's important to know
- good shoes;
- comfortable pants (riding pants not necessary);
- a small waist bag for a camera;
Dates and Prices
- US$ 2 99520 – 26 Jun, 2024 7 days 6 nights
- US$ 2 99529 Jun – 5 Jul, 2024 7 days 6 nights
- US$ 2 9951 – 7 Aug, 2024 7 days 6 nights