Equestrian Connection riders stay at our guest house situated on a quiet street in the village of Kei Mouth, about 2.5km from the horses. The guest house is across the road from our home. It has 5 double rooms so that each of our riders has their own bedroom with en-suite bathroom. There is a sitting and dinning room and a large kitchen with everything you need and space to store snacks and drinks etc.
BREAKFAST & DINNER is served at the guest house.
• Breakfast – Muesli, yogurt, fruit, toast, preserves, cooked breakfast. Fruit Juice, tea & coffee.
• Lunch (not included in the rate) is self-catering at the house, pack a lunchbox or eat at a local pub and restaurant or purchase at the shop which is open from 7 to 5.30pm Mon-Sat and 2pm on Sundays.
• Dinner – local fare incorporating locally sourced game meat, chicken, deep sea fish served with salad or vegetables, plus a dessert.
Drinks, cool drinks & alcoholic beverages are not included, and you are welcome to bring your own wine and refreshments to dinner.
• Kitchen – We supply a fruit bowl, sliced bread, preserves, some basic condiments, tea & coffee, milk and sugar.
• Water – local municipality water is drinkable most of the time. We have rainwater tanks that we prefer to use as drinking water. Bottled water is available at the shop. Please bring a water bottle to use whilst out and when riding.
• Special diets/allergies - we live in rural Africa and we are unable to provide special food requests such as vegan/vegetarian premade off the shelf food items or gluten free breads and pastries.
We do however always have plenty of fruit & vegetables and other whole food available to cater for your meals.
KEI MOUTH - Local Shops and Restaurants
Weekends – the perfect time to go out in the evenings for a meal & drinks and to socialize with locals.
Kei Mouth is a small seasonal seaside village on the Wild Coast of South Africa. It is very quiet out of season. There is a small supermarket and bottle store that is well stocked with groceries. It has a deli and bakery. Several pubs, reaturant and coffee shop are available near by the house.