Explore the hidden kingdom of Lo, the people of Mustang, through horseback riding. Known as "The Forbidden Kingdom of Nepal", Mustang is located in the mid-Himalayas and boasts a barren landscape that preserves traditional Tibetan Buddhist cultural practices. Despite being in Nepal, Mustang has its own autonomy and the locals have maintained their traditional lifestyle for centuries. To protect the region from being ruined by tourism, it has been declared a restricted area with limited tourist entry each year. We offer approved access to Mustang and will lead a small group to the capital, Lo Manthang, to experience the unique and raw culture of this small kingdom.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
The tour guides you'll probably meet as well
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, the friendly Sherpa crew greets the group. You will be accommodated in a Lazimpat hotel, which is conveniently located near numerous Thamel shops and restaurants.
11 riding days with instruction
Private single room or twin room are available for an additional fee.
A standard twin sharing room in a 3* hotel.
Group meeting placeKathmandu, Lazimpat Road
- transfer to and from the airport by a private car;
- accommodation in tents;
- accommodation in hotels and breakfasts there;
- all meals;
- camping cook and kitchen team;
- farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with a cultural dance show;
- English speaking guide;
- porters and mules for luggage;
- bus transfer between Kathmandu and Pokhara;
- flights between Pokhara and Jomsom;
- Kathmandu city tour, a private car;
- all necessary permits;
- entrance fees in Kathmandu and Pokhara;
- all taxes.
- international flights;
- lunches and dinners during Kathmandu and Pokhara stays;
- alcoholic and cold drinks;
- personal trekking equipment;
- tips (tipping is expected);
- personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 16 tourists
It's important to know
Please bring a mask, long pants and a helmet.
Dates and Prices
- Any dates on request in season1 Jan – 31 Dec, 2023
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 Apr, 2024 18 days 17 nights
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 May, 2024 18 days 17 nights
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 Jun, 2024 18 days 17 nights
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 Jul, 2024 18 days 17 nights
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 Aug, 2024 18 days 17 nights
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 Sep, 2024 18 days 17 nights
- from US$ 2 90010 – 27 Oct, 2024 18 days 17 nights