This tour allows you to cross the whole north-east sicily (the as known Val Demone) passing through the four regional parks of Madonie, Nebrodi, Alcantara and Etna.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
Riders are met on arrival and transferred to 'Luogo Marchese' (or similar), the accommodation for the evening where the group will enjoy a delicious Sicilian dinner.
The tour requires very good physical training because of the difficulties on the gradients of the terrain.
Accommodation is in good quality hotels or agriturismos with excellent Sicilian cuisine. One of the pleasures of Sicily is the wonderful food. Hearty meat stews, fresh fish, chocolate and marzipan are some of the highlights.
Acommodation in a double room.
Additional fee of 200 euro is charged for the single room.
Group meeting placePollina, PA, Italia
- wine with dinner,
- accommodation in twin bedded rooms with shared bathroom,
- English speaking guide,
- luggage transport and excursions described in itinerary.
- alcoholic and canned drinks other than wine, beer or Coca-Cola with dinner,
- extras such as massages,
- 200 euro single room supplement.
Group sizeup to 10 tourists
It's important to know
• Riding Helmet - we strongly recommend that you wear a properly fitted riding helmet of the current standard which is PAS015 or BSEN1384. Helmets are available at the stables if you do not have your own
• Jodhpurs - jodhpurs, breeches or other comfortable trousers (jeans may rub and can also be quite hot)
• Riding Boots - it is important to have correct shoes or boots for horse riding. Jodhpur or ankle boots with a rubber sole are recommended but sturdy shoes with a definite heel are acceptable (such as walking boots)
• Half Chaps - these are great when worn with ankle boots and help prevent the stirrup leathers rubbing against your legs
• T-shirts and long-sleeved shirts
• Fleece - Although the weather is generally very warm, the evenings can be a bit cooler
• Warm layers - At times the evening temperature drops significantly
• Casual Clothes - for when out of the saddle
• Water Bottle - it's very important to drink a lot of water when it's hot, especially when doing physical activities
• Raincoat - it is always a wise idea to pack a waterproof/ windproof jacket!
• Personal Items - toiletries, any medicines you require and please be sure to take insect repellent and plenty of sun cream
• Camera and Spare Batteries/Charger - an absolute must! It is also a good idea to take a camera case you can strap around your waist or onto a belt for whilst you are riding
• A copy of your passport
Dates and Prices
- from US$ 1 9094 – 11 May, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 1 9091 – 8 Jun, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 1 9097 – 14 Sep, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 1 9095 – 12 Oct, 2024 8 days 7 nights