The farm to farm-tour in South Greenland will guide you through sheepfarming areas. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to observe numerous Norse and Inuit ruins. The tour utilizes Icelandic horses, which are well-trained and adept at navigating challenging terrains. The primary focus of the tour is to showcase the landscape, icebergs and the daily life and hospitality found on different farms. Additionally, the tour offers storytelling sessions about arctic sheep farming, displays of traditional Greenlandic attire and a guided tour by a certified site-guide of two reconstructed Norse ruins.
- Local prices – no extra feesBook tours directly from local operators
- Verified tour operatorsAll guides confirm their qualifications
- Reviews from travelersWe monitor the feedback from our travelers after each tour
Once you reach Narsarsuaq International Airport, please check in at the Blue Ice Explorers reception. They will arrange transportation for you to the harbor, where you will board a boat to the village of Qassiarsuk. Upon arrival in Qassiarsuk, a member of our team will greet you. Your luggage will be transported to the farm hostel where you will be staying for the first night, and you will be given directions to the hostel. Dinner will be provided at the farm.
To participate in this ride, it is necessary to have intermediate or advanced riding skills. You must feel comfortable riding at various speeds and be able to control a horse that moves forward in both open areas and group settings. It is important to note that you will be riding for approximately 3 to 5 hours each day, so a decent level of physical fitness will be necessary. This ride is not suitable for children.
Accommodations will be shared with one or two other riding guests.
The lodging provided is situated at various farms and consists of hostels. It includes shared bedrooms with bunkbeds and shared bathrooms. The rooms are basic and require guests to bring their own sleeping bags, as bedding is not supplied.
Group meeting placeKujalleq Municipality, Narsarsuaq Airport
- accommodation in shared rooms;
- all meals from dinner D1 to breakfast D8;
- riding 6 days;
- transfers to and from the airport;
- transport during the tour;
- sheep farmer in the Arctic storytelling;
- showing of the Greenlandic national costume;
- tour around the Norse-ruins.
- travel insurance;
- tips and personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 7 tourists
It's important to know
- riding boots;
- warm jacket;
- warm sweater (wool or fleece);
- warm stockings and gloves, at least 2 pair each,
- scarf and hat;
- warm underwear (best long sleeve);
- riding pants;
- water bottle;
- rain gear;
- sun glasses;
- sun screen for the face and lips (high factor);
- sleeping bag;
- a pair of slippers for the evenings in the hostels.
Dates and Prices
- US$ 2 62523 – 30 Jul 8 days 7 nights
- US$ 2 62523 – 30 Jul, 2025 8 days 7 nights