Discover a thrilling adventure in the Pantanal, the world's largest wetlands, where you can witness exotic animals in their natural habitat. Despite the Amazon's fame, the Pantanal shines as South America's premier wildlife-spotting destination, featuring expansive landscapes equivalent to half the size of France. This lesser-known region boasts the continent's greatest biodiversity, attracting nature enthusiasts and cowboys alike. During the rainy season, the Pantanal transforms into a lush tropical paradise, providing an ideal habitat for diverse wildlife and offering the world's best opportunity to observe jaguars in the wild. The Pantaneiros, masters of the area, deliver an authentic cowboy experience, introducing you to their culture, cattle work, music, and traditions. Your guide, Paul, a multilingual nature and horseriding expert, ensures a personalized journey. Welcome to the authentic realm of beasts, cowboy culture, and the "WildWet" – welcome to the Pantanal!
- Local prices – no extra feesBook tours directly from local operators
- Verified tour operatorsAll guides confirm their qualifications
- Reviews from travelersWe monitor the feedback from our travelers after each tour
Transfer by 4x4 vehicles to the first Fazenda (or Cessna flight = optional). Landing at the front door of the fazenda. Welcome drink, room distribution and presentation of the region, general information about the Pantanal and the programme for the next days. If time allows, we will have our first ride in the afternoon. We get to know the horses and get a first impression of the Pantanal. The Pantaneiro horses are strong, well trained and very agile, local pantaneiro saddles extremely comfortable. Dinner and overnight at Fazenda Baia das Pedras.
Suitable for intermediate to experienced riders.You should be confident on a horse at all paces. The pace is varied to include walk, trot, and canter.
Nights in authentic & comfortable Pousadas, hotels, and beach houses. Hotels & Pousadas based on double-rooms. The Beach house based on double and triple rooms.
Brazil has a rich cuisine. The country is a mixture of European, Indian, African and Asian cultures and is reflected in the way the Brazilians cook. Especially the Italian and African cuisines have great influence on Brazilian cuisine. Not only the population is mixed, also their habits and customs. Already well before Europe spoke about fusion cuisine, Brazil was combining ingredients found from different continents to a new, typical Brazilian cuisine. They also often serve dishes from different countries on one table.
The Brazilian cuisine is very good, varied and serves many naturally made dishes. The main dishes are mostly rice and beans (Feijão) and sauces, with lots of meat or fish and salads. From region to region one has its own traditional dishes. Along the coast you will find more fish and shrimp dishes. Very popular is the Churrasco = Brazilian BBQ.
Group meeting placePantanal
- back up vehicle of Fazenda Baia das Pedras to the camp primavera and El Dorado;
- meals: full board;
- all drinks: alcoholic (caipirinha, beer, wine, cachaça,..) and soft drinks;
- snacks during the ride.
- Guides: professional and multilingual guides;
- tours and recreational activities in the programming of each Fazenda (fishing, boat trips etc);
- accident insurance.
- travel insurance and trip cancellation insurance are mandatory. You will not be allowed to participate in the riding holiday program without having both of these personal travel insurance;
- transfer by 4x4 vehicle from Campo Grande - to Baia das Pedras and return from El Dorado to Campo Grande.
The all-terrain vehicles will take 03 persons per car, that way you will travel comfortably to and from the Pantanal. The cost for this all-terrain private transfer both ways is USD 645 per person. A drive of minimum of 6 hours in the wilderness to go and another 6 hours to come back.
The adventure starts with the transfer to the Pantanal!
Transfer by private Cessna plane to and from the last farm is also possible. Ask for info and prices. Transfer time per Cessna is 50 minutes.
- other services not mentioned above.
Group sizeup to 10 tourists
It's important to know
- Valid international passport.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pocket money (you can change EUR/£/USD in the airport).
- A sweater and a jacket.
- 4 or 5 T-shirts and minimum 1 a shirt with long sleeves.
- Jodhpurs or jeans to ride with.
- Riding shoes or boots / riding shoes with mini-chaps or long chaps.
(Gaucho boots can be bought on location).
- A second pair of shoes for the evening.
- Comfortable clothing + a hat.
- One towel.
- Sun Cream.
*It is recommended to put your luggage in travel bag instead of a hard suitcase. 10 bags are easier to get in the backup vehicle than 10 suitcases. (thanks!).
- B Ben20 Oct, 2021about providerIt was a wonderful trip. We were so lucky that they organized this trip and we were able to go on it for the first time. I'm sure others will want to do this. Every aspect of the holiday was great - we were looked after in every way from start to finish. I highly recommend this holiday. Many thanks to the entire team for everything you have done for us.20 Oct, 2021
Dates and Prices
- from US$ 5 27225 May – 1 Jun 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 5 2722 – 9 Jul 8 days 7 nights