Experience an authentic Patagonian adventure with a three-day horseback riding trip in our refuge and the Alto Chubut valley. Immerse yourself in the local culture and traditions of the Mapuche people while exploring the stunning landscapes. The daily routes are tailored to suit all levels of riders, ranging from two to six hours. Take in the breathtaking views of the Andes mountain range while enjoying peaceful moments by the Chubut River. This unforgettable journey will leave you with a true appreciation of Patagonia's natural beauty.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
Our trip takes us by private transfer along route 40, a famous junction at the foot of the mountain range between the north and the south of the country. We first cross the region of the lakes of the Norpatagonia, then we enter the immensity of the steppe and finally after about four hours we arrive at the "Sapucai", our establishment in the Precordillera. We stay in our cozy house and enjoy the beauty of a quiet afternoon. Before dinner, we will surely have time for a walk to the banks of the Chubut River or to greet our horses.
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner.
The program is suitable for all levels of riders, since it consists of three days of horseback riding with accommodation in Yurtas (GLAMPING) or in the shelter, since we return every afternoon to the starting point.
For this reason, the route and the demands of each day of horseback riding can be adapted to the level of the group. Daily departures can vary from 2 to 6 hours, according to our clients' requests. We have the opportunity to tour the wonders of the Precordillera and Cordillera of Patagonia, on horseback and rest on the banks of the Chubut River, enjoying the silence and magic of this unique place.
The dates are set approximately, for further info please contact us.
The Patagonian refuge is located on the banks of the Chubut River, in an isolated place within the foothills. The house consists of a warm dining kitchen where delicious meals are prepared still with firewood. There are two bedrooms for two people each, a shared bathroom with a wood-burning heater and a
living room with a fireplace. Everything is set to make this place a unique experience.
Right outside, a little stream separates the main house from the two yurts, located in front of the Chubut River. Each yurt is decorated with a ethnic touch, has a wooden floors, wooden fired stove and readymade beds for 2/3 persons. hey are installed on a wooden deck that isolates them from the floor and protects them from the rains. Its solid construction and warm interior setting allows you to enjoy a full GLAMPING-style rest.
There is no electric light or cell phone signal.
Emergencies are handled with satellite telephony and the rescue experience of their owners.
Group meeting placeRío Negro Province, aeroport San Karlos de Bariloche
- all private transportation IN/OUT;
- all meals as detailed in the itinerary;
- bilingual guides, authentic local guides;
- satellite phone for emergencies;
- saddle horses;
- extra horses.
- personal expenses;
Group sizeup to 10 tourists
It's important to know
- hat or cap;
- high factor sunscreen;
- lip protection against wind and sun;
- personal medication (enough for the entire trip), contact lenses;
- insect repellent;
- basic first aid kit for personal use;
- cleaning kit (soap and biodegradable shampoo);
- tissues/moist towelettes or travel wipes;
- flashlight (ideally headlamp);
- camera and/or camcorder, spare battery and memory stick;
- books/reading/pencil and paper;
- water bottle;
- adequate clothing for outdoor activities;
- long-sleeved T-shirts;
- short sleeve T-shirt;
- waterproof jacket/windbreaker;
- long pants;
- shorts or cotton pants;
- sneakers/comfortable shoes;
For horseback riding
- boots or booties (with a sole suitable for riding (not too thick soled so you can quickly pull your footout in case of an eventual fall);
- full-leg (preferably) or half-leg leather chaps;
- riding helmet (highly recommended);
- riding gloves.
Dates and Prices
- Any dates on request during the season1 Oct, 2023 – 30 Apr, 2024
- US$ 1 17015 – 18 Dec 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 17015 – 18 Jan, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 17015 – 18 Feb, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 17015 – 18 Mar, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- US$ 1 1701 – 4 Apr, 2024 4 days 3 nights