During this trip to Argentina, you will have the opportunity to witness the stunning scenery of Patagonia. Accompanied by a group of local Gauchos and riding Criollo horses, you will embark on an exciting horseback adventure through the remote mountains of Argentinian Patagonia, away from the usual tourist routes. As you travel beneath the towering Andes, you will discover the picturesque Patagonian steppe, complete with its pristine streams and dense hardwood forests, which are home to a diverse range of wildlife. This vacation is perfect for adventurous riders seeking an exclusive and immersive experience.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
Arrival at Bariloche's international airport where a private transfer will take you to your Hotel, located in the center of this beautiful city surrounded by lakes and mountains, situated in the very heart of the Patagonian Andes. Depending on your arrival time, you will have time to visit the city and do some last minute shopping for the horseback ride. In the afternoon your guide will meet the group at the hotel to give you a brief outline of what we will spend the next few days doing. Dinner at a traditional steak restaurant.
Meals included: Dinner.
Overnight: at Hotel.
The trails offer a contrasting variety and give the rider the possibility to experience both horses and terrain. The terrain does not present high complexity, but we will cross passes that reach 1700 meters above sea level and trails that border rivers. The river crossings on horseback will allow our riders to
experience new adventures.
During the days and due to the diversity of the terrain, we will move at a crossing pace. Some days we have to cover more distances than others, although at this time of the year the days are long (light until 10 pm).
It is possible that in case of rain the trails become more difficult, which will force us to walk in certain stretches. In some occasions and due to climatic circumstances, the times and routes could change. Our guides will decide and will know how to advise you in each step.
The tent camps are made in areas near a stream or river, with a fireplace where homemade meals are prepared over the fire. Triple expedition tents, which for your comfort will only be used by two PAX. They include a sheep leather cushion that, in addition to being insulating, is like a mat. Sleeping bags are personal clothing.
Group meeting placeRío Negro Province, aeroport San Karlos de Bariloche
- all private transportation IN/OUT;
- all meals as detailed in the itinerary;
- 1 bottle of wine per day per 2 PAX included in the dinners duringthe horseback riding;
- dinner in restaurant on night 1;
- bilingual guides, baquianos guides;
- satellite phone for emergencies;
- saddle horses;
- pack horses;
- extra horses.
- personal expenses;
Group sizeup to 8 tourists
It's important to know
During the day
We provide you with saddlebags (they are not waterproof). On certain occasions, the extraction of
personal belongings from the saddlebags can be a bit complex, so we recommend that you carry
sunscreen, sunglasses, a small camera, etc.
The water is obtained from the springs of the mountain range or rivers, so it is very clean and there is
no risk to drink it. If, in view of the above, you still feel unsure about drinking this water, you can bring
water purification tablets.
● riding helmet (essential);
● riding pants (Jeans, etc.);
● boots or booties (with a sole suitable for riding (not too thick soled so you can quickly pull your foot
out in case of an eventual fall) and walking (not leather or slick soled) Waterproof your boots before
traveling! Rubber boots are not recommended;
● hat (with wind safety strap), or cap;
● sunglasses with strap;
● high factor sunscreen;
● lip protection against wind and sun;
● waterproof jacket and waterproof pants;
● long-sleeved T-shirts;
● water bottle.
● full-leg (preferably) or half-leg leather chaps;
● short-sleeved T-shirt;
● riding gloves;
● small bag for personal belongings;
● scarf/ bandana;
● good insect repellent;
● camera and/or camcorder, spare battery and memory.
You will be provided with a dry bag to protect your belongings in case of heavy rains, carried by the
pack horses and delivered to you each day upon arrival at the camp.
● Important: 2 complete changes of clothes;
● socks and underwear;
● windbreaker and fleece jacket and/or sweater;
● flashlight (ideally a headlamp);
● cleaning kit (soap and biodegradable shampoo, we will wash in the rivers during the camps);
● personal medication (enough for the entire trip), contact lenses, tissues/moist towelettes;
● washcloths and wet wipes.
● shorts or cotton pants;
● warm fleece/ sweater;
● sneakers or comfortable lounging shoes;
● waterproof bags to organize/pack your clothes;
● books/reading/pencil and paper;
● small alarm clock;
● basic first aid kit for personal use;
Dates and Prices
- US$ 2 46011 – 18 Dec 8 days 7 nights
- US$ 2 46022 – 29 Jan, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- US$ 2 46021 – 28 Feb, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- US$ 2 4604 – 11 Mar, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- US$ 2 46018 – 25 Mar, 2024 8 days 7 nights