The package offers a combination of horse riding, relaxation and sightseeing, with the option to visit Victoria Falls. The primary riding takes place in the Simalaha Community Conservancy, while the other days are more flexible and allow for a variety of activities. This is perfect for those who want to experience multiple things in one trip. The itinerary can be customized to fit individual preferences, it can be a shorter or longer program.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
The tour guides you'll probably meet as well
Arrival at Livingstone Airport, Zambia (HMIA LVI).
Upon arrival at the airport, a member of our team will greet you and transport you to the River Lodge, which is approximately 25 minutes away by car. After freshening up, get ready for an exciting adventure! Depart from the River Lodge and head to our camp located in the Simalaha Wildlife Conservancy. This transfer involves a one-hour road journey to Mombova Harbour, followed by a 90-minute river safari experience into the conservancy. Upon reaching the river's edge, you will be met by our horses and embark on a 20-minute ride to the camp. Get ready for an unforgettable experience!
To participate in the trail ride, riders must have the ability to ride at different speeds, including rising to the trot and maintaining control during a canter. It is important to feel comfortable keeping up with the group and physically fit enough to endure up to six hours of riding. It is recommended to be in generally good health and fit.
Tack: Australian stock saddles, western saddles or trail saddles. Saddle bags are included.
Horses: Basuto ponies, Quarter horses and Boerperds.
Total price for the trip with Single accommodation: US$ 4475
If your travel party is less than 4 guests - we will do our best to accommodate you with another confirmed party / offer alternative dates.
The chalets at the luxurious River Lodge offer scenic views of the Zambezi River and come equipped with en-suite bathrooms. One chalet can accommodate a family by adding two extra beds, while guests can choose between twin or king-sized beds in each chalet. The chalets also feature spacious mosquito nets, fans, gowns, electric blankets and organic toiletries, which the hosts encourage guests to use as they are eco-friendly. Additionally, the lodge features a swimming pool and a viewing deck for guests to relax and take in the stunning scenery.
Group meeting placeOkavango
- all meals;
- snacks, tea, coffee, house wine, beer and selected soft drinks;
- riding and activities as detailed in the program;
- VAT, tourism levy and service charges.
- travel insurance (with medical evacuation);
- premium and alcoholic drinks;
- entrance to Victoria Falls, USD $20;
- Simalaha Conservancy park and conservation fees USD $50;
- additional activities;
- tips and personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 8 tourists
It's important to know
- Negative PCR Certificate (72hrs);
- Zambian Visa.
It is essential to bring your own riding hat, chaps and gloves. Please contact us for a full list of recommended riding gear and clothing for your stay with us, which may change dependent on the month of your horse safari.
Dates and Prices
- Any dates on request during the season1 Jul, 2023 – 31 Jan, 2024
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Jan, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Jul, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Aug, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Sep, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Oct, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Nov, 2024 8 days 7 nights
- from US$ 3 30015 – 22 Dec, 2024 8 days 7 nights