Join us on a horseback adventure through Africa's wilderness. Witness breathtaking landscapes and wildlife up close on a river safari or simply from your luxurious tent's front deck. Experience local culture with a visit to a traditional village. Embark on a long river journey to see herds of wild animals and fishermen living along the river's edge. Finish with a final canter across the plains for wildlife sightings.
- Verified tour organizersAll organizers confirm their qualifications
- Expert communityAll horse tour guides have extensive experience in horse riding tours
- Best price guaranteeBook tours directly from the tour organizer
The tour guides you'll probably meet as well
Arrive at Livingstone Airport. Vehicle transfer to the Lodge (approx. 40 minutes) with bottled water provided.
Freshen up and depart from the Lodge to our camp in the Simalaha Wildlife Conservancy. This transfer consists of a road transfer to Mombova (approx 40 mins) where you will board a river boat for a river safari experience into the Simalaha Wildlife Conservancy (1h30min). We will then be met by their horses at the river edge and ride into the camp, approximately 20 mins away.
Return Transfers by Road and Boat.
To participate in the trail ride, riders must have the ability to ride at different speeds, including rising to the trot and maintaining control during a canter. It is important to feel comfortable keeping up with the group and physically fit enough to endure up to six hours of riding. It is recommended to be in generally good health and fit.
Tack: Australian stock saddles, western saddles or trail saddles. Saddle bags are included.
Horses: Basuto ponies, Quarter horses and Boerperds.
Total price for the trip with Single accommodation: US$ 1950
If your travel party is less than 4 guests - we will do our best to accommodate you with another confirmed party / offer alternative dates.
The camp is sustainable and eco-friendly, with solar power providing water and electricity. Guests can charge their devices using USB port chargers on their reading lights or in the camp lounge and dining area. For those seeking an off-the-grid experience, the camp offers the opportunity to sleep under the stars on a camp-out (weather permitting). Ensuite open air bathrooms and seating on the front deck are provided with all tents.
Kindly note we have 4 four tents that can accommodate up to 2 guests per tent.
Group meeting placeOkavango
- all meals;
- snacks, tea, coffee, house wine, beer and selected soft drinks;
- riding and activities as detailed in the program;
- VAT, tourism levy and service charges.
- travel insurance (with medical evacuation);
- Simalaha Conservancy park and conservation fees USD $50;
- premium and alcoholic drinks;
- additional activities;
- tips and personal expenses.
Group sizeup to 8 tourists
It's important to know
- Negative PCR Certificate (72hrs);
- Zambian Visa.
It is essential to bring your own riding hat, chaps and gloves. Please contact us for a full list of recommended riding gear and clothing for your stay with us, which may change dependent on the month of your horse safari.
Dates and Prices
- Any dates on request during the season1 Jul, 2023 – 31 Jan, 2024
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Jan, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Jul, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Aug, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Sep, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Oct, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Nov, 2024 4 days 3 nights
- from US$ 1 35010 – 13 Dec, 2024 4 days 3 nights